Monday, July 18, 2005

The Crepe

An interesting incident happened today ...

I went to an all American breakfast and lunch restaurant for lunch today with a friend. I recommended her to try the savory crepe filled with crab meat and avocardo. She said I mispronounced the word crepe as c-r-a-p-e and the correct pronunciation should be c-r-a-p. This led to a pretty interesting conversation with our waitress while she came to the table to take our order:


Waitress: What would you guys like to eat today?
Friend: Crab Crap.
Waitress: Crab Crab?
Friend: Crab Crap.

Waitress: Oh, Crap Crepe.
Friend: I would also want a Strawberry Crap in a to-go box please.
Waitress: A Strawberry Crab?
Friend: Oooh, a Strawberry ... Cccrepe.


I guess everyone learns a little of something everyday.

No comments: