Saturday, July 30, 2005

Once Upon a Time

When I was five, I wanted to be twelve, so I could experience how it was like when my Chinese zodiac sign ruled the year. For those who are not familiar with Chinese Zodiac, it's a 12 year cycle of animal signs used for dating the years in the Chinese lunar calendar.

When I was twelve, I wanted to be sixteen, so I could operate a real vehicle and see how it's like driving on the road. Bumper car rides had always been my favorite in amusement parks. Driving on the road was the same as riding a bumper car minus the colliding motion, but this concept had been changed since I got myself into the first car accident.

When I was sixteen, I wanted to be eighteen, so I could legally and proudly admit to the world that "Don't treat me like a kiddo, I'm an adult!"

When I was eighteen, I wanted to be twenty-one, so I could hit a club or do any alcoholic purchase with a show of my ID.

When I was twenty-one, I wanted to be twenty-four, so I could experience my zodiac sign for the second time.

When I was twenty-four, I wanted to be twenty-five, so I could rent a car without being charged extra.

What's next? After reaching 25, I don't think there're any more laws or regulations out there restraining us in doing anything because you're considered a-quarter-of-a-century-old already. Are you really looking forward to your 3rd experience of your zodiac sign ruling the year again?

When someone is young, one always wants to grow up. You never know how complicate this world is until you're grown up and realize the most beautiful moment remains during the good old days when you're young and everything was still simple.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what's next>? go to your 10 year high school reunion. most fun you'll have seeing people you know or don't know. just went to mine. loved it.