Friday, January 13, 2006

If you're interested ...

If you're interested in finding out more about the origins of computer mouse, the invention of robotic surgery, new cancer and eye laser treatments, or even the operation of Disneyland and how the first email was received (53+ more projects), you may want to consider buying this book A Heritage of Innovation: SRI's First Half Century by Dr. Don Nielson, who is a retired SRI employee. This book came out freshly last year, but I didn't pay much attention until I saw an ad again this morning. Don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending this book because I haven't read it myself. Yet if you're interested and dare to find out more about innovations, it maybe a book for answers.

Tell you what, I'm not planning to read it at all because as a SRI employee, I can't even get a free copy for myself. In addition,
I definitely don't want to spend my spare time in reading things like these as I have already heard about all their discoveries a million of times during various meetings and presentations ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't you proud of your work??
wait... SRI people hate me. that's why i had to leave... haha