Monday, September 17, 2007

Wasting Food

I am not a wasteful person, no matter what ... and I absolutely dislike people who waste food. Lately, I went out to dinner with a big group of friends at a pretty upscale Chinese restaurant. We requested to be seated in a private room, so there was a minimum charge. Since I am not very picky with food, I let my friends to take charge for the order. I guess because of the minimum charge, we were kinda "forced" to spend a certain amount. When we all about finished eating, more than half of the food was still on the table. The waiter was going to pack the food into to-go boxes, but one of my friends said it's not necessary. While no one seemed to oppose the idea, I kept quiet as well. I mean, it's a Friday night and we all had after dinner plans, it wouldn't make too much sense to carry the leftover food for the whole night out.

I felt kinda bad about wasting all those food ... To be honest, that's really A LOT of food that we had wasted. I should have taken a picture to show in this posting.