Monday, November 05, 2007

If I would ever ...

If I would ever purchase a puppy:

- I would get a Pug.
- If it’s a male Pug, I would name him Cosmo.
- If it’s a female Pug, I would name her Sammi.

You must think I'm pretty serious about it, huh? However, I had never made an effort in searching for a puppy. Why? The answer is simple - Too much responsibility.


I don’t know …

  • If I would ever have time to walk him/her daily.
  • If I would find him/her too annoying when he/she needs my attention
  • If I’m willing to take him/her for a routine brush up.
  • If I would watch him/her close enough to realize he/she is sick.
  • If I would have the patience to train him/her.
  • If I’m willing to spend money on a dog hotel while I’m away for my own vacation.

I don’t know … etc. etc. etc. I can probably come up with 20 more excuses to convince myself not to get a puppy.

After telling my friends the above, almost 90% of them called me irresponsible. Yet I think I’m too responsible. I tend to think cautiously before any action is taken so as to avoid unnecessary harm introduced to any of the others.