Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 Random Things

It's been forever since my last post ... I guess I had utilize my blogging time on Facebook these days. Here's my tag on the 25 Random things on FB:

Rules:

Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I had received this tag from a number of people but I had been ignoring them until 5 mins ago that I read someone's Random things and decided to write my own.
2. I played piano since I was 4. I hated it but since I didn't want to disappoint my parents so I had been taking piano lessons and doing the Royal School of Music exams for over 10 years (until I came to the US and it's a perfect excuse to stop).
3. I inherit most of the facial features from my father.
4. I had asked my childhood nanny to use blankets to set up a tent for me on my bed so I could go "camping."
5. I didn't experience real camping until June of last year.
6. I don't like egg noodles.
7. I love Broadway musicals and the last one I just watched was WICKED.
8. I have a passion in art. I am very thankful for my parents who had put me through drawing lessons when I was young.
9. I wanted to be an interior designer, but somehow I ended up having a career in life science.
10. I was in private swimming lesson during a few of my childhood summer breaks because my parents wanted me to learn swimming so I wouldn't be drown like my grandfather who had never returned after going swimming on a beach.
11. I can only swim in swimming pools but I am scared of the ocean.
12. I have a fear of dental visits. My heart beats very fast every time when I lay on the chair at the dental office.
13. I have haircuts every 2 months.
14. The most respectful persons in my life (so far) are my grandmother and my previous boss. Their existence has changed my perspective of life. They will both be missed.
15. I always woke up with a X'mas gift in my stocking on Christmas Day until I went to college.
16. My younger brother and I had set up alarm clocks to try catching "Santa Claus" on Christmas eve but failed every year. Until now, my dad still doesn't admit he was the Santa Claus.
17. I had taken French for 5 years but I have forgotten most of it.
18. I love being in a lively city with lots of people and shops and restaurants (i.e. HK).
19. My first trip on a plane was going to the Disneyland in Japan.
20. My favorite color is burgundy.
21. I am scared of birds. Any kind of bird-like creatures. When a bird gets close (or even seeing a picture of a bird that shows its characteristics), I can feel a spine-tingling chill arises from the bottom of my feet and formation of goosebumps will follow.
22. Chocolate is my favorite flavor of icecream choice.
23. I dream almost every night, but I don't recall what the dreams are for the most times.
24. For the 5 accidents I had gotten into, I was hit by pickup trucks. None of it was my fault but pickup trucks don't seem to like me too much V_V.
25. McDonald's is still my favorite fast food restaurant out of all.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! ^3^