Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Flossing sucks

I'm feeling a bit uneasy this morning. Why? Because I'm having a dental appointment this afternoon. I hate visiting the dentists. To be honest, I'm scared of them. There's a time during my childhood that I had dental visits very frequent. My teeth was in such a weird shape that I was nominated as a testing subject during some practical exams for students in dental school. Imagine you need to widely open your mouth for a few hours and have a professor going around to ask questions, then a bunch of students would take turn examining your teeth. It's not such an enjoyable moment. Though in return, I got my braces for free.

Due to my horrible experience with dentists, I always try to avoid them as much as I can. My last visit for a dentist was six months ago, yet, that was the first time in eight years. I think it's quite reasonable that my teeth wasn't in perfect shape without a routine maintenance. After looking at my teeth, the dentist gave me a 30-min lecture of the appropriate way to brush my teeth and how I should floss my teeth daily. One thing my dentist didn't understand was that I had a very difficult time in flossing my molars at the back. Somehow that piece of floss would never fit between my molars, or if I was lucky enough to get it in, it would get stuck between my teeth and I would need a pair of scissors to cut the floss in order to pull it back out. Instead of taking a risk to have my lips or gum cut by the scissors, I decided to drop the habit of flossing.

To keep my dental visit as short as possible and to avoid another 30 minute lecture, I should better run to the bathroom and get my teeth brushed once more before I head to the dentist ... See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should floss...the slices like to see a smile :)