Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Video Game Rocks


While I was trying to think of what's interesting to write in today's blog, I randomly came across a site talking about the revolution of video games and game controllers. The picture of the 1980s handheld electronic game captured my attention. Most of you may know that I was never a big video gamer, but being an 80s kid, I had owned one of those as well. I used to find it kind of cool to press buttons and have control on the movements of the character on the screen.

After browsing the site, I realized that the famous Nintendo character, Mario, was created in this first generation of multi-screen game called Donkey Kong. The game was set up this way -- Donkey Kong captured a girl and carried her into a construction building. Mario, who's a carpenter, had to pass the girdles, escape from the barrels and rescue the girl.

However, the one I owned wasn't about Donkey Kong. It's about Donald Duck who was a firefighter. Donald Duck needed to put away the fire quickly enough to save the survivors, or he would be burned to death. Fun, huh?

No comments: