Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A bad Haircut

I finally got myself a haircut last week after a 4 month search of a qualified hair stylist in the local area. After a referral from a friend's friend, I decided to try this one called Hairliners. I would never return to this salon for the following reasons:
  • I arrived at the salon 10 minutes later than my scheduled time because I was stuck with an unexpected incident. The first thing the hair dresser said to me wasn't "how do you do," but "I was about to call you since you're late!" I am not trying to make excuse, but ten minutes isn't that much of a tardiness and more important is that the salon was empty.
  • Once I sat down on the chair, the hair dresser made a negative comment about my hair. He said I shouldn't wait as long to get my haircut because my hair was out of style.
  • After I got my hair washed, the hair dresser said my hair was too dirty that I should wash it more frequent. Duh, I did plan to wash my hair that morning but since I already made an appointment for a haircut, why bother?!
  • While I was trying to explain to the hair dresser in how I would want my hair cut, he told me he understood. I reinforced that he actually understood me because I had a bad experience with the previous hair dresser. He probably thought I was questioning his skills and said I didn't have a choice but to trust him.
I was totally disappointed with my hair because it was not even 1/10 close to what I described. I got charged a bit less than what I thought I should be charged. I wonder if the hair dresser realized that he had done a very bad job and shouldn't charge me as much. Without putting down any tips, I walked out the salon. And in the meanwhile, I decided not to go anywhere until my hair grows longer (hopefully except work).

1 comment:

petit mouton said...

it's fun to read about your personal stories here on honey bee, even though i know it wasn't your intention of this blog. anyways, i am sorry about your bad haircut experience but i am soooo proud of you for not giving him any tips. nowadays, tips has lost it's meaning if we give no matter what. so bad job means no tips, that's only fair. and it's smart of you not to go back. remember that one time, your hairdresser wouldn't wait for me for another 10 mins for a new customer? it's them who lost. some people just lack business skills. don't bother to pity them, they earn it. i sound harsh huh? but i am talking about facts...so dropped the bs.