Friday, April 21, 2006

Finally make it to Yoga!

I finally made it to Yoga class today! It took me almost four years to accomplish this goal. In each of my work required annual physical, the doctor always asked me to do a few postures and see how well I could balance myself. I could never totally fufill what the doctor asked me to do because I was either completely out of balance or my body was just not flexible enough to complete the tasks. Then, the doctor would come up with the same suggestion every year -- which was to take Yoga. Since I had never listened to the advice, my balance or flexibility had never improved.

My first yoga class has been a great and relaxing one. I always thought yoga was more like a female sport, yet, I was wrong. There's a similar number of guys in the class and some of them were much flexible than me. We had a wonderful instructor who would patiently correct my postures so as to stretch a certain area of my body muscle. Here, I have to thank a few of my coworkers who had successfully persuaded me to join the gym at work.

Let's see how long I can keep up with this ...

No comments: