Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Let's see, this year I have given up sodas, juice, coffee, alcohols, smoothies for Lent. Since the past month, I've only been drinking water and regular tea. So far, I haven't broken my promise except once during a buffet breakfast in San Diego that I had dosed myself with a glass of orange juice. I blamed it to the waiter because he had poured the orange juice into my glass before I sat down at the table. Other than that, I am still holding my promise ... which has been tough. My brother has a tendency to buy me an extra cup of yogurt green tea with pearls whenever he gets one for himself. By having one sitting inside the fridge just stimulates my taste buds. And, there's this other time I went to a pub and everyone was drinking beers, while I was drinking water. I am never a big fan of alcohols but drinking water in such environment was a bit strange.

It's not easy, but I figure I have to give up something I like or it would lose its meaning. Three more days 'til Easter. Time to celebrate for Jesus ... (and myself with some yogurt green tea.)


No comments: