Monday, April 10, 2006

A sandwhich that costs US$148.33

What's your opinion on this most expensive sandwich created ever in history? To me, It really doesn't look much different than a regular roasted beef sandwhich. This crazy gourmet sandwich idea does belong more to the Europeans. I don't think anyone in the States would spend almost US$150 for a sandwhich without fries and drinks! However, If I reside in London, I may as well join the crowd to take a look at this expensive sandwich during my lunch hour and see who will actually place an order for it.

Ingredients:
  • 2 pieces of freshly fermented (within 24 hour) sourdough bread
  • a large slice of Wagyu beef (the most tendered portion of the Japanese Kobe cattle, specially fed with top-quality grain and beer)
  • mayonnaise made with black truffles
  • rocket salad
  • red pepper
  • mustard confit
  • English plum tomatoes
  • brie de meaux (the finest European cheese)
  • fresh lobe of fois gras (goose liver)
Maybe I will consider placing an order if I win a lottery one day ...

No comments: