Wednesday, August 29, 2007

C.I. Boys

Woke up a bit earlier than usual ... maybe I should update my blog before getting brushed up. Find these guys sitting right next to my computer, so let me just write something about them ^_^
They are called "C.i.boys" created by a local designer @ HK in Red Magic. Technically, they're some destructive little monsters and each of them has a name and carries an unique characteristic.

Similar to some other types of figures, C.i.Boys come in numerous collections, such as Gundam , and Bug's World, where they're dressed up as Gundam and bugs. They also do crossover with various brands, such as Coca-cola and SONY. Since there're various collections, it's almost impossible to collect them all. In addition, they are sold in a pretty tricky way. For the limited edition series, they are sold with the case all sealed. We're not allowed to open the box and pick the specific figure we'd like to purchase. It's morel like a "lucky draw" kinda thing, except you still pay the same amount of money. It's possible that you would end up buying the exact same ones within one collection.

As you can see from the picture above, this is a small collection of mine. I have some more of them in another corner of my room ... but still far beyond of getting all. The two on the left are a collection from the Dark Age Series. Here's a complete collection of it:











I like these guys for several reasons:
  • I find them kinda adorable
  • Easy to keep
  • Not that expensive to get
More importantly ---
  • They inherit my initials "C.I." Boys. Pretty cool, huh?
The name is actually romanticized from its Chinese, which is not as pleasant ...

If you read Chinese, here it is ... 屎眼仔 (Asshole boys).