Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Lesson of the Month

Collecting mails and opening them one after another have always been listed on my least favorite To-Do list. My mailbox is always filled with advertising notes, pizza coupons, credit card applications, or real estate post cards. Among those, how many of them actually have something to do with me?! Maybe less than one-third. While environmental conservation has always been a topic to discuss during various political forums, why am I still receiving all these useless junks in my mailbox daily?

So when I was digging through my piles of mails earlier, I found a billing statement from my long distance telephone subscriber. OH LALA, I couldn't believe how expensive my last month phone bill was! It's true that I had spent a significant amount of time on the phone with a number of friends from HK in this past month, but they called about half of the time … so I wouldn't expect to see such a humongous amount listed on my phone bill. When I was reading the bill more closely, I realized where it had gone wrong. It's this one particular call I made to the UK , calling the ibook Internet Phone of my friend's. I was charged 1 USD per minute and I was on the phone for 93 minutes solely from this particular call.

I guess charges are different when you're calling a UK mobile #, landline, or the ibook Internet Phone (whatever this is …).

One good, but expensive, lesson to learn … V_V … Oh well, to make up for this, I guess I really should cut back on my regular expenses.