Monday, November 19, 2007

I'm ON FIRE

I’m on FIRE

Since a smog check is required before the DMV will renew my registration, I attempted to get it done in the past hour. I thought it shouldn't be too hard to locate a place that offers a smog service, so I decided to just get into my car and drive around and I should see random places where I could get a smog check. And here’s what happened:

1st stop – Shell Gas Station – No longer in business.
2nd stop – Another Shell Gas Station – No longer in business
3rd stop – Chevron Gas Station – Smog guy is out to lunch and won’t come back until 1:30pm.
4th stop – Acro Gas Station – Smog guy won’t come back until Wed.
5th stop – Vallero Gas Station – Smog guy is not in and will be back tomorrow.

What the heck is going on with all the smog people?! Protesting on a strike?! Or getting too excited for the Turkey day?! It’s been almost an hour after I wandered around in my car and I couldn’t land myself in a place where I could simply get a smog check?! I had already put on an additional 10 miles in my car for nothing … so I decided to give up and go back to work …

One of the few times I tried to get things done before the deadline comes too close, but it doesn’t seem to work very well. Oh well, I can’t be bothered ... Things would get done when they need to get done.