Monday, January 07, 2008

Being Friendly

I’m never someone who actively initiates conversations in front of strangers. However when it comes to work, I tend to act the opposite. I learned this after I had made my first serious mistake in my first job. I realized life was so much easier while others were willing to cover up my mistakes and provide an opportunity to correct them before having me to get written up by auditors, filing an explanation, and more importantly, getting my boss involved. Ever since then, I have always made a tremendous effort in socializing and networking with others at work. Believe it or not, I have also tried to participate as often as I can at meetings or luncheons, which I honestly do not very much fond of going.

Being too friendly can cause troubles sometimes …