Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Nose

My nose bleeds fairly easily, especially during the very dry weather. This is not something that gradually develops throughout my life as I had my first nose bleed when I was a little kid. I guess I was just born to have more fragile vessels behind my nose. I had consulted physicians about my problem and they did give me some suggestions to prevent it from happening as often, but if I had to end the problem, I would have to go through a small surgery to seal the vessels, which obviously would not be something I would consider of doing.

If you have to seek for advice to stop a nose bleed or just curious to find out how it feels to have a nose bleed, I am definitely the one you should turn to. I have accumulated so many experiences that you may never imagine. To be honest, some of these experiences were pretty horrified that had freaked me out -- I was panic, my heart beat faster, the bleeding got more serious. There were at least twice that my nose was bleeding so seriously and continuously for more than an hour and I almost got sent to the hospital. One of these times happened at home and the other time happened in a public area. People on the streets were about to call the ambulance and I held them off … well, as most of you know how scary I’m with hospitals ... +_+

Well, nose bleed doesn’t hurt. It’s not painful. However, it can be very annoying as it requires some skills to stop the bleeding and once the blood clogs, the clog would stay somewhere behind the nostrils and the throat. This is the tricky part where you can’t disturb the clog or the bleeding can become very serious that warm blood would just flow down like a waterfall.

Work up your brain and give a little imagination here: Imagine having this semi-coagulated, mucous-like, bloody “thing” hanging in between your nose and your throat – And you can’t remove it or your nose will bleed like hell – so what will happen at the end? Normally I would end up swallowing this bloody mucous clog and I can tell you it is the nastiest feeling to have this washed down your throat to your stomach. Gross, huh? ~_^

I didn’t mean to gross you out by writing this post. I decided to write about nose bleed because I had a minor one this morning when I was brushing up myself. Well, it’s been almost 3 years since I had my last nose bleed *Touch Wood*, so this morning’s bleed is a sign to tell me to watch out for the next few days – to be more gentle when I’m blowing my nose or washing my face – or a serious one may hit me soon.