Friday, January 04, 2008

The Storm

It's been awhile since I had last seen a storm. I arrived work today and Woahlaaaa .... there's a blackout!! I couldn't get more excited about it! I went into my office, put down my belongings, and joined the rest of the team in the hallways to discuss what's going on. It's just how excited I used to get in HKG when we found out we didn't have school because of a typhoon strike. We walked around, chilled, and couldn't find too much to do. Until 11-ish, we're dismissed. We're told that it's a PG&E problem and it didn't seem like the power would come back anytime soon.

By that time, the storm had gotten a lot worse than it's in the morning. I decided to offer a ride for a coworker to the BART station or he would have to wait for the shuttle bus. I just felt it's probably not safe to walk to catch a public transit at this weather. Wow ... this trip was one of the most adventurous road trip ever ... There're floods everywhere in SSF and some areas were so seriously flooded that highway patrol was required to direct the traffic. While I was driving through the floods, I felt like I was driving in a river -- muddy river -- with water level reached over the headlights of the car. At the same time, I could speed up a little to splash water to the car nearby (while they're doing the same to me) and I think I had over-done it once that I had inadvertently splashed it to a pedestrian (Very sorry about this =.=|||). Due to accidents, road blocks, tree falls, and floods, it took me almost 2 hours to get back home from the BART station.

I admit I was a little panic driving under such condition. Still, it's a wonderful feeling to get a day off when you're not supposed to ... NICE.