Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weight Loss

I am never a person who can eat without watching my diets. I always blame this to my father because I think there is a "fat gene" runs in his family. Weight concern is always something I try to look out for myself because I believe that appearance always comes first in today's society.

A few days ago, one of my coworkers asked me how could I attempt to maintain a slim body and what was the magic way to lose weights. I haven't weighed myself for awhile. I guess the very last time I stepped onto a scale was two months ago when I was sick and the nurse put me on a digital scale and the reading was 110.5 lbs. I was pretty satisfied with this number and as long as I did not let myself to over eat, it shouldn't be difficult at all to maintain it. You may not believe how much I
weighed during this time of last year. I weighed 128 lbs and I believe that was the highest I had ever reached in my life. It wasn't a very pleasant feeling at all, but I just couldn't help when I saw all the attractive food in Hong Kong.

Earlier today, I was changing into a pair of jeans, which I had not worn for a few months. It was exceptionally lose that I didn't think I could wear it anymore. I then proceeded to the scale and weighed myself. It read 104 lbs -- I think this was how much I weighed when I firstly landed in the US 15 years ago and I don't think I have ever gone back to this number.

It's a nice thing to keep track on your weights once awhile so you know where you stand. It's not that I don't want to share my magic way of losing weight. There's really no magic way because there is always a different diet plan or method of losing weight for each individual and for all these years, I have already found a way that works for me. Mostly, it is based on the three main categories listed in the diagram below but one may weigh a little heavier than the other depends on what type of an eater you are. It's more like a trial and error type of thing that you need to find yourself a plan that fits you the best.

It's really not my intention to lose that 6 pounds in the past two months ... Somehow it just happens ^.^