Thursday, July 17, 2008

Xmas Party 08

It’s a little too early to write about this …

I haven't been with this company for a full calendar year yet. I heard that last year was the first year the company decided to hold individual Christmas parties among departments. For mine, it’s a luncheon on a weekday in the Carnelian Room on top of Bank of America in downtown. No doubt about it … The view was fantastic; yet food was disappointing. It’s a very rush lunch to include the commute time. It didn't provide enough time for employees to mingle and chill and catch up with each other. And the only thing we got from the company was a bag of assorted candies. With the overall experience, I wouldn’t give it a very high rating.

Early this year, I received an email requesting everyone to vote for the type of Christmas party we would have this year. The options were as follow:
1. Dinner with employees + guests on a weekend night but only hors d’oeuvres will be served.
2. Dinner with employees only on a weekday night.
3. Luncheon on a weekday.
4. … which I forgot …
I decided to give up my vote because none of the option was too attractive.

Today, I got another email announcing the final decision for the Xmas party this year for my department. SO DISAPPOINTING … It’s option 3 and it will be held in the exact same place as last year @*#$#*& ...

So some of my coworkers said they thought the department had inadvertently sent out the same email as last year; some of them said the Carnelian Room must have offered 50% off for a 2nd time reservation; and some said that we should just go on a strike and not show for the event.

I mean, I don’t hate option 3 too much, but come on, give it a little more effort and find a new restaurant for this new year.