Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Shopping for my mom's birthday gift ...

My mom's birthday is coming up and since this is the first year in many that I am present in Hong Kong to celebrate it with her, I have to make it a memorable one. I started shopping for a gift a week before her birthday. Longines watches was my first stop.
*********
Before I go on, I think I have to restate one of my sayings from my previous blog publication -- except haircuts, wallets and watches are the other two items I am willing to spend money on. The major reason is because I value these items a lot and I normally do not get new ones until they really wear off. I weight a lot on these items (especially watches) as I believe they represent of who I am.
*********
At Longines watches, I looked around and the one watch that caught my eyes was a pink one belongs to the Longines DolceVita Collection:
I felt in love with this watch immediately. However, when I saw the 32 diamonds on it, I knew I couldn't afford it. I honestly told the sales person that it had gone beyond my budget but I wasn't able to find another one as nice as this in the shop. He was nice enough to give me a catelog to bring home. When I got home, I showed my mom the catelog and I told her when there's a day that I could make enough money, I would buy her this watch.

Then, I moved onto the other idea. I walked into Bottega Veneta and this pink wallet (see picture below) displayed at the window totally caught my attention. The sales girl took it out for me to look at it and GOSH, I LOVE IT so much ... I could just neglect the rest of the styles in the shops and walked out with this one. I'm the type of person that would not satisfy for a second class but once I find something I like, I can very much like it. The sales girls in the store continuously took out a lot of other styles, but none of them was as nice as this pink one I had in my hands.

I never very much like the other more common brands with their signature icons all around their bags and accessories. Bottega's items are different. They are all very subtle with the finest leather, so I have to get this one ....... Until ......... ~Sigh~ I pulled out the price tag >>> HK$ 9500 (USD 1200) >>> Incredibly expensive for a wallet!!! If this is the cost of a handbag, I may still consider it ... but not a wallet ... at this stage of my life.

What do you think I end up buying? Well ... I will disclose the answer on my mom's birthday >_<

No comments: