Thursday, December 13, 2007

One Side Effect

After being on Tylenol for the past few days, I have decided to drop it this morning as I think I'm feeling a lot better. I won't comment on whether the flu shot is working because I think I might not need to be on any medication if I'm not coming into work. When I'm at work, I just need the medicine to take care some of the symptoms so I can concentrate and get the work done correctly.

I think it's also during this time of the year that I was lastly on serial doses of Tylenol. Here's how it happened -- I felt a bit sick on the day that I would take off for a snowboarding trip, so I was very hesitated to go as I just didn't have the energy for any outdoor activities but I decided I should because if I backed out a few hours before the trip, I would screw up the hotel room arrangement. Well, more likely, I guess I am just someone who likes to keep my words. Smart enough, I had packed some Tylenol, Vitamin C fluids and cough drops with me. Before we took off, I started dosing myself with Tylenol and drinking lots of fluids to hope that my body would take care of itself and woke up freshly the next day for snowboarding. It didn't happen ... I woke up feeling worse. Since everyone was going up to the mountain, I just tagged along. Those 2 days in the mountain had become one of the most unforgettable moments in my life -- While I was dosing myself with Tylenol every 4 hours, I did manage to go down the hills a few times. What came worse was after I got back to the hotel, my body was burning with a fever and I wasn't even able to get up from bed. Well, I pretty much spent the next few days after the trip in bed with a temperature of 102 degree Celsius. And, when everyone else was celebrating for New Year's eve, I was lying in my bed, fighting against the flu. Well, I didn't know how many pills of Tylenol I had swallowed and obviously I hadn't received any flu shot during this time ...

Maybe having flu shots are helpful ... But one advantage in getting sick has to be losing weights -- You would always be surprised of how many pounds you can shed off without much hard work ... (>J<) ...


Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm graceful with the Tylenol "side effects."